Greetings to ALL of my new students,
I’m looking forward to an exciting, fun, and challenging year, that’s right I hope to challenge you to be critical thinkers, collaborators, and effective communicators. We will be discussing, exploring, and making sense of the world around us. So, let’s get started.
Below is your first homework assignment. All of the items need to be completed by Monday’s class.
- Edmodo. I will be using edmodo.com this year as a way to communicate and collaborate. So, you will need to set up an account. Think of it as Facebook but for the education realm. Here is what I would like you to do:
- Watch the Demo Video that can be found on edmodo.com
- Sign up for a student account on edmodo.com and start exploring the settings.
- Mobius Integrated Science 1-2 Class Code: 9jkjb0
- Integrated Science 3-4 Class Code: 6zor84
- Drake Astronomy Class Code: ijguqj
- Complete the first assignment on edmodo.com
- Google Drive (Docs).
- Watch this introduction video to Google Drive.
- Sign up for a Google Drive account. You do not need to have a gmail account, you may use any existing email account to create and account and start using Google Drive.
- Watch this video if you would like to explore Google Drive to see some of the capabilities.
- You will need a Spiral Bound Notebook for your science class this year. The Spiral Bound Notebook should be about 150-200 pages and should have a sturdy cover so it can survive the daily routine of a Drake student.
- That is all for now, if you need help with any of these assignments please see me. I have three computers in room 311 that are available for you to use.
Greetings from the top of White Mountain Peak (14252 ft). That’s me on the left (in case you do not know or forgot what I look like) standing next to my colleague Doc Wing after a long day of research and exploring in the White Mountains. Getting Ready to School to Start!